Sunday, January 4, 2009

Really interesting read about Left 4 Dead

Read this [ Link ]

I think it's amazing how play testing and general game design help create the game we all love(at least I really do!) today. The thing I love the most about Left 4 Dead is the clear idea of where your suppose to go! My Counter-strike team decided to just run through the level. Who ever got knocked down became a pipe bomb! I don't memorize the levels in L4D and running through, I had a clear, precise knowledge of where to go! That's what makes the game so enjoyable. The lack of frustration (unless your playing on Expert). Check out the differences in screenshots!

Early Version of L4D:


Later Version:


For more information go to the link above!




Edit:
While playing today, I found a sweet server which tracked what achievements you could/not do still. One example is that we shot each other already (which angered me cause I was going for that achievement) so we couldn't get the achievement for "Completing a campaign without a person taking any friendly fire damage". I also saw the Hulk in the server. My buddies and I quickly disposed of him. Check out this pic of it!

No comments: