Wednesday, January 28, 2009

FEAR 2 Level Design.

I haven't posted on here in a while because it's been hectic! Two things I just want to point out,

1. I will be playing the RE5 demo tomorrow at my friend Dean's house
2. Hell YES! to #1.

It looks amazing and my buddy sent me a text today saying, "RE5 is hard". Haha. I remember playing Resident Evil 4 and entering the first town, I was just like, "damn, this game is hard." Does anyone else remember how hard the first town was? And how hard the first chainsaw guy was!? I wonder if they nuked the characters to hit a younger audience. I really hope they don't! The difficulty of the game was what made it interesting. Well, until you picked up better weapons later on. Then you just rolled every zombie like you were playing Left 4 Dead.

Besides this, I'm really excited for FEAR 2. The demo had some problems (I played the PS3 version) like frame rate issues and the controls were "clunky". By clunky, I mean that any FPS developer should not! I mean NEVER assign the R2 and L2 buttons as shoot! It just doesn't work the same way it does on the Xbox 360. That and get rid of the whole glowing enemies. That just takes away from the realism the game is trying to achieve. I'm just nit picking because the game looks good. After seeing this video from IGN, I'm back to "really excited" for the game again. Check this out!

No comments: