Sunday, December 14, 2008

What!?!!!?!!?

I just watched the Spike Video Game Awards and I thought it was pretty well made! It seemed like an event for the gamers (even if it was a little geared toward male gamers). The one thing I will debate was the "Game of the Year" award. Come on, seriously? Grand Theft Auto 4?!!?! I will give them that that game must have been a long painful process to create (the level of detail is quite amazing!) but still! I really thought Fallout 3, Little Big Planet, Metal Gear Solid 4 or Gears 2 would have taken it! I rooted for Dead Space to pick it up but I knew better for that. Well, whatever, congratulations to everyone who got an award! I also thought Will Wright's speech about how he got into gaming to be inspiring. It kind of reminds me of when I first started thinking about creating games.

oh ya, the Uncharted 2 trailer was really well done. Everytime I see Drake, he really feels down to earth. I can see myself in his shoes and saying his exact words and another game about him is FREAKING AWESOME! Here's the trailer!

No comments: