Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Why the hate?

Edited*

[ Watch this! ]

So looking on Kotaku, I read something that caught me by surprise. Not because he's the director, not because the way he brushed it off so quickly in the video but why haven't I heard a damn thing about it before. No rumors came up, David Jaffe didn't hint to anything and, the news hasn't hit the Playstation blog. Anyways, he's directed the Rush Hour movies (not as bad as Kotaku states) and X-men 3 The Last Stand. I won't protect him from Rush Hour 3 because it was a rehashed version of 1/2 but the rest of his movies were pretty good. Here's the thing too, it's a video game movie. It'll make just as much or just under the amount it would make if say *insert big name director here* directed it. That said, I assume the game companies know this and are taking the advantage of this. I'm not saying the new movie is going to be horrible (i.e. Bloodrayne series), nor am I saying it is going to be a triple A movie. It will hopefully make it's way in the middle with the Resident Evil series or even the Silent Hill movie are at!
Congrats Brett Ratner! Good luck, don't screw up!


Video games are already looked at to be the reason why anyone does anything wrong anymore (i.e. GTA debates on it's themes of violence and crime), I don't think crappy video game movies don't need to be added to the video game hate list!

[ More info here! ]

No comments: