Friday, September 26, 2008

Far Cry 2 Map Making - very cool!



I just saw this on Game Trailers and I'd thought I'd share! When I was first watched it, I was really liking the idea that you can attack the areas with different tactics. That is until (from watching the video a couple times) I saw that the rooftops aren't accessible. Now imagine with me, close your eyes. You enter one of these specific areas, you sneak behind one of their main buildings and take out the perimeter guards. You move onto boxes and move upward towards the rooftop of a building where the enemy is having a meeting. Once they're done, they walk outside to see their guards taken out. They sprint to their fallen and while this is happening, you silently take them out from top of the rooftops. Now, that's freedom. With the Far Cry 2 footage, they state strategic fighting but I have yet to see someone use it well through the videos. Especially when sneaking around these outposts, I've seen players play it out more of a typical shooter. Now, that's nothing to be ashamed off but with the rooftop idea, it would allow for more space to move around like a ninja. I really hope they have something like that in the final build!

No comments: