Thursday, September 18, 2008

BACK from the Austin GDC

I'll upload a video blog for everything that happened at the Austin GDC. It was overall fun and Austin is a great place to host something like that. I'm going to move away from talking about the Austin GDC until I do my video upload.

Next on my agenda is to talk about this CA intro for the game Resistance 2 (PS3).
Here's a trailer for it that I recently just saw.



I'm a big fan of the innovation of the guns of the Insomniac team but this trailer really proves they've learned from their previous games. The whole cutscene had me only imagining what was going to happen. I'm glad they gave Nathan Hale a voice because it really brings his character out of the general army type characters. I also loved how they used the amount of tracer bullets to show utter chaotic and specific. I am glad that they learned from their mistakes from the previous game and applying it to the new version unlike somethings in life (Steve Jobs, give the iphone users the power to copy and paste!)

Oh, I feel like I'm just rambling but I picked up Crysis Warhead today. I heard good things about it and at only $30.00, how can you go wrong. Loving it now, hopefully it'll finish with a bang!

I'll talk to you guys more soon!

-Mikee

No comments: