Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Gaming Community and the Devs

Quick chat about the gaming community and developers can talk in forums. I recently won a recent Crysis Wars Post of the Week which was no doubt awesome. I basically stated my opinion on how to make the game more balanced and fun. For more check out this link. It leads me to hope that gameplay balance issues will be sorted out. Winning isn't what really makes me happy, it's that they considered my suggestions. Think of it like this, you make a wonderful pie. You tasted it yourself and it's amazing(to you at least). You give it to a friend, they immediately say that the pie has a horrible after taste. Thus ripping out the love you had for the pie/ that friend(haha). Developers have this exact same reaction. The day their game ships and they see the reviews/meta score is basically how they can rate themselves (in terms of quality). Seeing developers taking the time to see how it can be changed shows how good the company is (i.e. Crytek).


On that exact note, here is footage of something I really wanted to see. The Insomniac Community Day! Hopefully one day, I'll get to tour those offices! Anyways, enjoy!

No comments: