Monday, October 27, 2008

Dark City is freakin cool!

I've been doing some 3ds Max modeling for school and decided to take a break and watch the movie Dark City. I've had it lying around and I thought the trailer made it seem epic so why not. I watched the movie with low expectations and it blew away those expectations. Okay, the acting is not the best, the action wasn't as satisfying as the Matrix and the film's look (it was made in 1998) can make skip this gem. Without giving away too much, the movie is about a main character who looses his memory and is accused of murder. That character is John Murdock and the movie is his fight to find the truth about the city. Here's a trailer to set you up with the look / feel of the movie.



If you see this movie at your local Walmart, do your self a favor and give it a go. It will be one movie you won't regret owning!

[Pros: The concept is executed perfectly! The movie's quotes/lines can be remembered well due to the harmony with the story's plot. The city and its inhabitants are lifelike and believable (sometimes a bit creepy). One of the best Sci Fi movies in the end of the 20th century. ]
[Cons: Acting doesn't get to anywhere near bad but some might think parts that are meant to be dramatic are funny. The action can be rather dull at times. ]

Remember to "sleep now".


Along with this, I've been dying to play me some Resistance 2. I saw the Co-Op beta gameplay and it looks really fun! The more I see of it, the more I can see where they got their influences from. One game that the Insomniac crew got ideas from is definitely the Battlefield franchise. The whole co-op campaign can show you that they got the idea straight from that.

The teamplay is great but I wonder how this game will play with only 2 players or even 3. Full 8 player co-op looks a tad bit easier but what about the people that just want to play with a buddy. It'll be interesting to see how the balance works out. In Battlefield 2, a lot people used the medic or certain class compared to the other unused classes. I really hope that this doesn't happen with this game but only time will tell!

No comments: