Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Memories

I saw this trailer.

This game reminded me a mix of a couple different games. Does anyone remember Rogue Ops? It had a chick dodging lasers just like in video. The beginning reminded me of MGS4 (the whole Humvee drive sequence). And the last part reminded me of the new Project Origins mech sequence. What I'm trying to get at is why? Don't they companies look at their games anymore? The ending scene showed two people that feel like they were put into that situation just for the hell of it. I think back to the days where companies just spit out games to see if anyone would buy it but in today's prices, creating a game costs money! So why the hell would you not put more effort in the game/trailer. Ehh, maybe I'm being too bitter but I have a point. It's like all the games are regurgitations of previous games (I basically mean, nothing new, NOTHING NEW. Same shooting, Same Mech combat, Same EVERYTHING). Thank gawd the game isn't out or I'd probally be ripping on it more. Anyways, I just wanted to rant a bit since I haven't posted in a while.

Anyways, I checked up online and the PC version of Grid is like 13 gigs. Damn taking up my precious HDD space, that and Supreme Commander take up 20 gigs. I don't think I'll pick up Grid though because of that reason.

I'll do a quick post of what I've been up too and some funny videos. Oh yea, I wanted to post up a video of my buddies' new Alienware Laptop. I know I know, expensive expensive but look at that baby glow!
Enjoy!

My buddy Leslie's new alienware laptop from Mike Shields on Vimeo.

No comments: